It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: "Thanksgiving" with Guruji-Ma
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm 
“Thanksgiving" with Guruji-Ma

Tonight an intimate group of us gathered at Light Omega to share a meal with Guruji-Ma. Guruji-Ma talked about the origins of Thanksgiving and how she was in touch with how much suffering the earth is enduring. And Guruji-Ma brought our awareness to the power imbalances that have been involved throughout the years for people. She offered a beautiful prayer for the Earth with so much reverence and tenderness, I was glad just to be in the room when the prayer was offered. That alone felt like an honor!

Guruji-Ma felt a better name for this day was "Blessed Earth Day” and talked to us about how she felt the way we are making turkeys to be eaten was not honoring life and that everything we do matters and all of us being in touch with gratitude helps the Earth as that energy of gratitude goes into the Earth directly.

Around the dinner table we shared a delicious stuffed hubbard squash prepared by Talia and talked about the turkeys and the journalist who raised baby turkeys and how he became one with the turkeys so other wildlife thought of him as a turkey. This led to more conversations and questions about movies and spiritual life and extinguished species and what is going on in Brazil and how the political situation resembles the energy the US is dealing with; a recap of Gordon’s concert, news from Greg about his upcoming shoulder surgery and how to add knowledge to Wikipedia. I encouraged Guruji-Ma to try and add to the Wikipedia description about the history of Thanksgiving as she was meant to "change history."

Somehow from there we discussed mystery schools and why the teachings were secret and what was happening in the pyramids and what happened to the Lemurian and Atlantaen civilizations. After pie and tea we went back to sit for a few minutes with Guruji-Ma where she offered a prayer for those in Yemen and we also prayed for the people affected by the fires in California.

It was such a beautiful evening and my spiritual cup overflows. I wanted to try and share it with all of you who may not have been there with us but hopefully will be one day. I feel the blessing of having such a meaningful, spiritual life that is full of such depth and truth and beauty and that gives me so much I have something more to give because of it. Blessings to you all.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]