It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: The Sacred Consciousness of Food
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:51 pm 
Dearest Friends,
My heart is moved to share the "Sacred Earth Prayer" by Julie. It calls me to remember that I, we, have been created in holiness as sacred vessels for the ONE, who is known by many names. We are being called to awaken further, moving us ever closer to the living experience of Oneness. All love, deepest blessings and gratitude to the eternally loving, compassionate Holy Being whose body is the Earth. May we, as her cells, move into greater consciousness so we may live with reverence and love, giving back what is needed. Amen.

SACRED EARTH PRAYER

Into this sacred temple of my body
I place only that which belongs to it,
that flows naturally with the life of
the Earth that is the life of the One.
Into this sacred temple of the Earth's body,
I place only that which belongs to it,
that does not detract from its holy
purpose, but adds to the goodness and ease
with which it provides for all beings.
Upon this sacred temple of my body
I clothe myself in the gifts of the Earth,
freely given, abundant, and pure,
discarding that which would harm the
beloved home of my heart, or deplete
it of its gifts.
May I give to the beloved all that is needed
to sustain, to replenish, to restore
what has been so lovingly given,
and may I rejoice in the Unity of life
that I am part of and that is part of me.
Mitakuye Oyasin. We are One.

Julie of Light Omega

Sacred Earth Prayer from "Poems for the New Earth - Book 2." (Unpublished)
The first book of "Poems for the New Earth" is available through the:
Light Omega Bookshop:http://lightomega.org/Bookshop/index.php
Amazon.com:https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542349672

Post subject: One Journey of an Awakening Vessel of Sacred Consciousness
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:02 am 

Hello Dear Readers,

Even as the information I provided was true for the time in which I wrote the post which was previously here, time and the changes I have been going through has made the information seem less relevant, and in some respects, less truthful in regards to what is needed by my body a year later.

To journey through life with the assistance of herbs, nutrients, supplements, and food, calls for constant re-evaluation based on intuition, guidance, and listening to what the body is calling for.

What is true in regards to the needs of the body today, or this month, may not express the fullness of what is needed in each expanding moment as the body moves through time. This is why, even with my gifts of knowledge concerning herbs, supplements, and the healing nature of organic foods, I prefer not to share more detail of my personal experiences. It has taken a year for me to come to realize this inner truth and it is why I deleted the previous post.

What is chosen as 'right' for me, based on my body chemistry, energetic needs, intuition, and spiritual work, may not be 'right' for another.

What I can recommend is the gift of knowledge that is in books and on the internet concerning natural health practices. Be wary of websites, teachers, and books which seem to be seeking to 'sell' you a path or way, or a herb or supplement, dietary or health plan. Be wary of companies or individuals which seek to sell you products saying only their product is the purest, or the best, or the only product you should engage with.

Each of us, through our soul histories has already gleaned much wisdom. The awesomeness of the body is that it is a self-healing organism. Learn how to nourish your body based on the development of your intuition, personal and family history, and what you find yourself aligning with that feels to be Light filled. Learn to trust you intuition. Be willing to make mistakes and humbly learn and gain wisdom from them.

One of the most difficult lessons I have had to learn and re-learn with Beloved Guruji-Ma's guidance is letting go of the energies of guilt and shame when it comes to what my body needs. After 16 years of being a vegetarian and then a vegan, I became very ill. I became ill because I was eating in a way which supported my mind's thoughts of how my mind thought I 'should' be eating as an embodied soul on a spiritual path, rather than listening to what my body was indicating it needed.

To walk the path of awakening, when it comes to the sacred vessel of consciousness - the body, I am continually faced with revelations that more humility and trust is needed. My love of herbs and nutritional supplements has been a life long journey which is still a joyful experience each day. I continue to look upon the herbs and supplements I take as 'supporting friends' of my body. My choices may not make sense to others, yet here I am thirty years later, amazed at how my body has brought me through challenges and limitations with absolute Grace and wisdom, even when my ego got mixed in, my body, through my intuition, has always shown me the way.

I hope this is helpful.

with love,
Johanna

Post subject: In God's Garden: Carbon Storage and Balancing the Soil
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:16 am 

In God's Garden: Carbon Sinking And The Soil

1:
Growing_Food_Aesthetically_Sustainably_Johanna_Raphael.jpg
Growing_Food_Aesthetically_Sustainably_Johanna_Raphael.jpg [ 104.9 KiB | Viewed 12350 times ]

Recently, the UN IPCC released a report, if you search UN Climate Change Report August 8, 2019 you should find many articles regarding this report online.

In this most recent report, warnings were issued about the degradation of the soil from farming and forestry practices. Words of hope were also included in the report regarding what "We" can do to help bring about carbon balance.

The soil is a carbon 'storehouse'. An excellent article was written in 2014, at YaleEnvironment360 - Soil As Carbon Storehouse in the title see link below. Another way of storing carbon is called carbon sinking.

Carbon as we learned in school, is absorbed by plants, and this carbon is stored in the soil. I did not comprehend carbon sinking or storing in earlier posts when I wrote about the soil erosion we were experiencing at the Retreat Center, that the practices we were engaging in, were in effect, carbon storing in the garden.

I have learned much from generous gardeners who share their wealth of experiences and knowledge on the internet. One of them, Charles Dowding, who practices and teaches No Dig, https://www.charlesdowding.co.uk/ has free to view videos on YouTube explaining how he builds his soil using no dig practices. He is one of many who practice No Dig - No Tilling, gardening.

0:
In-God's-Garden-Carbon-Storing-Carbon-Balancing.jpg
In-God's-Garden-Carbon-Storing-Carbon-Balancing.jpg [ 94.86 KiB | Viewed 12350 times ]

This year, we chose to use hay (many prefer straw) for mulching in the garden. Except for the asparagus, who did not like being covered in such a manner, and the basil plants, which seemed to host more slugs in the hay, (we used egg shells as slug control), the plants growing in the Retreat garden has been healthy, full of large lovely worms, moist for longer periods of time, and yielding prolifically. I also noticed that I rarely used the Neem Oil this year for pest control.

We also only needed to water once this summer in the larger garden, less than ten times in the smaller hotter garden.

Recently, when we planted more potatoes and sweet potatoes, we added soil over the existing soil and hay, planted the potato sprouts in the lovely worm filled and cool soil, and covered it with hay. Within a week, one to three inch potato greens were growing.

When fertilizing, we have been using direct application. The only fertilizer I broadcast is kelp meal.

Each year we will continue this practice of adding over the soil with compost and mulch. Each year I am sure, Mother Earth and those who lovingly tend to her, will teach us more about how to take care of the soil.

Just a note: I have noticed that we are facing challenges making compost fast enough for the needs in the garden. I hope to research and learn more about composting this winter during the fallow months and begin practicing this knowledge next year. We made enough compost last year for the butternut squash beds and the zucchini beds this year.

As this is our first year practicing gardening in this way, I feel on the whole we have been successful as beginners with limited knowledge. We have been able to share out much of what we have grown and still have plenty to eat for ourselves.

Carbon storing is something every gardener can practice. Eventually I hope it will be a consciousness shared by farmers, gardeners, forestry workers - actually all of us, as we tend to the soul of the Earth, Her soil which is the source of food for us all.

with love,
Johanna

What are Carbon Sinks?
https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/carbon-sinks.php

Un Climate Report: Change Land Use
Link found within this article:
Climate crisis reducing land’s ability to sustain humanity, says IPCC
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -says-ipcc

Soil as Carbon Storehouse: New Weapon in Climate Fight?
https://e360.yale.edu/features/soil_as_ ... mate_fight

Win-win carbon farming practices
http://www.futurefarmers.com.au/young-c ... -practices

2:
O-Mother-Earth-How-I-Love-Thee_Johanna Raphael.jpg
O-Mother-Earth-How-I-Love-Thee_Johanna Raphael.jpg [ 81.63 KiB | Viewed 12350 times ]

P.S. This year the hummingbirds are bountiful (10 - 20 sightings a day of individuals and couples with the hummingbirds with occasional stopping and perching) gathering the nectar from cucumber flowers as well as companion planted petunias and other delicious flowers. There are plenty of dragonflies, frogs, grasshoppers, and insects. The snakes keep to themselves and keep balance in the garden. The dear keep finding new ways into the garden. The birds are keeping many pests in check as well as building nests from the hay as well as the burlap we use in the garden. In gratitude in the spirit of sharing we leave behind blueberries for them after harvesting. The honey bees seemed to come late, and seem to be less prolific. Plenty of bumblebees.

Post subject: The Sacred Consciousness of Herbs and Foods
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:43 pm 

Support From The Sacred Consciousness of Herbs and Foods

Hello Dear Readers,

I was re-reading and considering my post from above on this page about not sharing personal information about herbs I take to support my body. Whilst what I wrote was true, in this moment, it is to be amended.

I have found myself in the stores recently, speaking mostly with the elderly who seem to be reaching out for, it seems, reassurance, comfort, and a desire to connect. This has been happening quite often when I am out. I have been sharing with those I speak with what I am doing to support my body in the presence of that which is bringing forth with it, the energies of fear, and the capacity to deplete, and in some cases, harm the body. Since I have been called forth to do so in the stores, I asked for guidance about sharing the same on the OEA Forum.

Here are a few examples of what I was guided to do when I received the guidance in January (see in the Sacred Moment) about "getting my house in order". In this instance, the guidance I have received about supporting my body:

Dried Elderberries for elderberry teas and tinctures.
Elderberry herbal supplement.
Astralagus herbal supplement.
Marshmallow root herbal supplement.
Siberian Ginseng herbal supplement.
Oregano oil mixed with witch hazel in a spray bottle for spraying my hands after handling money and spraying cart handles.
Vitamin C - supplements as well as juicing and eating more oranges.
Juicing carrots, apples, celery and ginger root.
Ginger root tea, as well as cooking with ginger root.
Cooking with Thyme. (Fresh if available).
Daily intake of Kombu and Wakame seaweeds.
Drinking more pure water.
Drinking green tea - not boiled, rather pouring water over the leaves and letting it sit.

I cannot say that what I am doing will prevent me from getting the corona virus. What I am being guided to do is to strengthen and uplift my immune system and lungs with the help of the sacred consciousness of the herbs - in the presence of the virus.

The awesomeness of staying present and not getting aligned with the energies of fear (which is very present in the stores and in the media) is that I can hear the guidance and follow through with it. All of us are awaiting what is to be - with each other.

Go within and ask guidance Dear Readers. Research anti-viral herbs and essential oils. Trust yourself and take good care of yourselves and others as we move through this passage together.

All Blessings.

with love,
Johanna

Post subject: Support From The Food and Herb Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:23 am 

Support From The Food/Herb Kingdom

Hello Dear Readers,

I have been internally debating the last few days if my sharing what I am doing for myself and our household during this time is helpful. Since I am publishing this post, which will be updated, the answer has come forward - share.

I noticed last week when I went to the grocery store that all the seaweeds were sold out, which is rare. Online I was finding price gouging for a usually $5 to $7 bag of seaweed for $20. This informed me of two things, one, others who practice natural health are receiving similar guidance, and two, to offer other remedies for support which are more easily accessible to all.

If you are someone using seaweed as a support: I have been finding internal guidance to make a soup which I eat each morning, a batch makes three morning soups. I am using the following ingredients: Piece of cod (you can use bonito flakes or tofu), salt and pepper, piece of kombu if you have it or any seaweed, dulse, wakame, arame, even the nori flakes. Tamari, soy sauce or Braggs Amino acids, potatoes cut into small cubes, cabbage. I am sensitive to white flour so I use udon noodles or you can add some cooked rice brown or white to the soup. If you have sesame seeds on hand you can add them to the bowl or sprinkle oats uncooked onto the soul - the oats will take on the flavours of the soup.

I am also being guided to drink fresh ginger juice a few times a day. Ginger can be found in just about any grocery store. When one looks at ginger one can imagine the sacred design of the ginger looking like lungs - like bronchial tubes. You can mash a rib of ginger after cleaning it, add it to a medium size pot of clean water, if you need to, boil the water for a few minutes to purify it, then add the mashed up ginger and simmer. I can usually get three pots of ginger juice from this formula as I am not being guided at this time to drink a stronger formulation. The ginger is still potent. I drink the ginger alone, add it to green tea, add it to green tea and lemon grass, and at night before bed I drink it with elderberry tea which I have pre-made a gallon of.

To make the elderberry tea - boil the water, add about 1 teaspoon of dried elderberries to the water simmer for about 30 - 45 minutes. Pour in recycled clean glass jars. If you are new to using elderberries start with a smaller amount - the 1 tsp. you can in time add up to a tablespoon. Elderberry will support the digestive system as well as the respiratory system, which means one can experience some stomach upset at first as the herbs work on bringing into balance that which was out of balance. Adding ginger helps in these circumstances.

Of course one could add honey, but I would save using honey for the future when coughs become more prevalent.

A Ras bredren shared this gift for strengthening the body from India:

Here is the Ayurveda treatment which was shared with me to help strengthen your lungs from my friend Karan Holy in India.

1 ounces of Onion
1 ounces of Garlic
1 ounces of Ginger

Grind all together put into a glass bottle and store in a cold or dry place.
Take one teaspoon with warm water on an empty stomach every morning.

Stay safe and well.

The other day I was guided to research all the herbs I have at the Temple - bottled, loose, tinctures, as well as foods, ginger, garlic, etc. When I am able to do so, I will share with you surprising herbs which in their sacred capacity to support and serve the human body, support the respiratory system in ways I was unaware of. You too, Dear Readers, who have an affinity for herbs and supplements can do the very same thing and research what you have in your house. I found using the name of the herb and then the word 'benefits' after it brought forward wonderful knowledge for generous and wise practitioners. Use your intuition as to who is over hyping what they are sharing and who is sharing wisdom of the ages.

Remember Dear Readers, what I am sharing with you is not medical advice or how to treat the body, what I am sharing with you is how to align with the sacred energies and consciousness of the food/herb kingdom.

I hope that this is helpful, as is my wish with everything I publish on this forum. I pray for upliftment, healing, and strengthening for all during this time of healing and passing.

with love,
Johanna

P.S. 3/31/20 - For strengthening of the gums and teeth: I have been practicing oil pulling for a few years with great success. Oil pulling - you can research online - helps to keep the gums clean and the teeth clean. Some practice oil pulling for whiter teeth, I use it for the health of my gums and teeth. The origins of oil pulling are through Ayurveda. I alternate between using coconut oil and sesame oil. A word of caution - do not spit the oil out into your plumbing.

Post subject: Sacred Consciousness Of Herbs - What We Are Eating
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:00 am 

Sacred Consciousness Of Herbs
What We Are Drawn Towards

As promised Dear Readers, here is a sampling of what is in my herbal closet. I have been interacting with the sacred consciousness of herbs and nutrients since the 90’s. My body adores the energies of herbs. Being so devoted to their nutritional properties, I long have had what is needed for myself and others at home. I share this with you to let you know the various things we are doing (as guided by intuition) and to share how very many ways herbs have been around for millennia to support energetic framework of the human body.

To look up herbs one can use the name of the herb and then the word ‘benefits’. Read many of the pages offered in your search not just the top search results. After a time you will find the websites offering real, often ancient wisdom, and those trying to sell you something at the price of wisdom and knowledge. Use your intuition!

As per all my writing about herbs and how I use them, I am not a medical doctor nor do I treat or prescribe for disease or medical purposes.

I celebrate herbs because my body adores them and in return the herbs uplift and strengthen my body for my sacred work.

With love,
Johanna

Calcium Bentonite Clay - Tonic during day or drink before bed.

Dried wheat grass in water.

Spirulina in water.

Ginger. Juicing, boiled tea, cooking with foods.

Yellow Dock - we take it in herbal formula can also drink tea.

Horsetail - we take it daily.

Sage - tea and cooking.

Elderberry. Drink it daily.

Hawthorne - my heart has really been feeling the passing of souls. I take Hawthorne and hops, or with skullcap to help support my heart’s energetic work. When the energies are intense, bed rest until the energies subside.

Hops - with Hawthorne.

Lemongrass - put in a pinch of dried with my green tea daily.

Ginger and Sorrel - tea.

Thyme - using fresh and dried for eating and tea.

Basil - using fresh and dried for eating and tea.

Oregano Oil - using it internally as well as with witch hazel as a disinfectant spray. Wash groceries from store with it.

Boswellia extract - caps diluted in hot water. (Here we use it in hot water with an open capsule of
Ojibway Herbal Tea mixed in. We make a big mason jar full and drink it daily.)

Myrrh. Caps and tincture. In the bath, toothbrush, take caps.

Pomegranate. Caps

Scullcap. - Tea and caps.

Valerian Root. (2 weeks at a time.)

Astralagus. Daily.

Siberian Ginseng. (As intuitive guided.)

Turmeric. Few times a week in foods. Also caps. I need to watch if I get a nose bleed too much turmeric.

Milk Thistle. Daily.

Garlic. Caps and fresh. Daily.

Vitamin D. - As intuitively guided.

Vitamin C. Oranges, foods, and supplements. Daily.

Zinc. (As intuitively guided). Also pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.

Marshmallow Root. - hard to find now - use the Dr. Christophers Bone and Tissue which has it in the formula.

Dr. Christopher’s Bone and Tissue.

Colloidal Silver. (We have it but are not drawn toward it at this time.)

Echinacea. (We have it but are not drawn toward it at this time.)

Green Tea - Drinking lots daily.

Licorice root. (As intuitively guided.)

Olive Leaf. (As intuitively guided.)

Pau D’Arco. (As intuitively guided.)

St. John’s Wort. (As intuitively guided.)

Burning sandalwood.

Burning sage.

Burning Frankinsence.

Chines Herbal Formula’s for those who have an affinity for TCM - Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Notes on Body Wisdom:

Yesterday, I intuitively made fresh thyme and garlic with olive oil and chickpeas (garbanzo beans). I trust my body to let me know what it needs whether my mind understands the body’s logic or not. The body has an innate healing wisdom. Perhaps now is a time to learn more about the awesomeness of your body and how to support it through the gifts of God’s Garden.

Post subject: The Sacred Consciousness of Herbal Foods
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:35 pm 

Hello Dear Readers,

I was guided to share an updated list of what I have been drawn to in the form of herbal foods since the last time I wrote.

with love,
Johanna

Herbs are not medicine. Herbs come from plants, they are foods.

Herbs work with the body’s innate healing consciousness.

Herbs have a frequency which resonates with the organs and systems in the body.

Herbs can have the properties of building, cleansing, and both building and cleansing.

One such herb is Dandelion Root. It cleanses the liver of toxins and is mineral and nutrient rich which feeds the liver and the blood.

The sacred consciousness of herbs (plants) works in harmony with the sacred consciousness of all beings. As we are all one in the One, our frequencies or resonances, work in harmony.

Herbs can also nourish and cleanse, or just nourish and support various systems in the body.

If one wanted to begin incorporating herbs into their body’s nourishment, or cleansing routine, then it is important to get to know your body.

Research body systems. Once you get a sense of the systems - Lymphatic System, Respiratory System, or Circulatory System to name a few, then when one researches herbs, often with a list of presenting symptoms, one opens the door to wisdom which has been shared throughout the ages. For those who want to go deeper, there are awesome teachers of Chinese medicine - TCM, or Ayurvedic on the internet. A teacher I respected when I first began learning about herbs is Steven Horne. There is so much wonderful information about whole health wellness and the sacred consciousness of the body available for those who ask to be shown the way.

Read about the ‘properties’ of the herbs. Read about how they have been traditionally used. One can feed the body with capsules, teas, sprinkled on food, eaten raw, or with tinctures.

Just as juicing carrots, apples, kale, ginger to name a few veggies can help build and purify the blood as well as reduce inflammation as ‘foods’ so too does the same hold true for herbs.

Caution: Herbal foods can also act like medicines even as they are not classified as medicines. Think of Turmeric root. Turmeric is delicious to eat in recipes as a food. It is also has the properties of a blood thinner, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory. So if you are on medications or blood thinners, then one should consult their Physician before taking an herb that could interact with their medications. The same holds with women who are pregnant and breast feeding.

Dear Readers, if you are going to explore the sacred consciousness of plants - herbs, then there is a great need to be conscious - alert. Learning how to pay attention to your body as well as how the plants feel in the body is essential. Start slowly and keep a journal. When I first started my journey with herbal nutrients in the late 80’s - early 90's, I treated my self as a science experiment. I kept notes on my reactions to foods of all types. That is how I learned intuitively how plants work in my body. The plants have a resonance and we, through our nervous systems and the intuition, can translate these resonances with the help of the brain. We are all all connected to the Source of Creation.

I am going to share an updated list with you Dear Readers, on the various herbs that we are using during the pandemic. Some we purchase, some we grow. Many of these herbs have anti-viral properties. Others have properties for nourishing and supporting the body through inflammation and fatigue.

Remember - I am not a doctor, this is not a prescription, this is not medicine.

What I am doing is passing on my wisdom and love of herbs to you Dear Readers.

How I take in the energies from the herbs:

EO = Essential Oil
T = Tincture
D = Dried Herb
C = Caps
F = Fresh
P = Powder

Lavender - EO, D, F
Lemon Verbena - T
Lemon Balm - F, D
Scullcap - C
Hops - C
Valerian - D, T
Rose - EO
Frankincense - T, C, EO
Myrrh - T, C, EO

Rhodiola - C
Brahimi - C
Rosemary - F, D, EO
Schizandra Berry - C, F
Siberian ginseng - C
Astralagus - C
Andrographis - C
Ashwaganda - C
Cordyceps - C
Codonopsis - C

Passion flower - T
Reishi Mushroom - C
Hawthorne Berries - C

Yellow Dock - F, C
Dandelion - C
Milk Thistle - C
Spirulina - C, P
Gingko Biloba - C
St. Johnswort - F
Motherwort - F, D

Black Strap Molasses

Bupleruem Root - C, T
Elderberries - D, C

Oregano - F, D, EO
Thyme - F, D, EO
Basil - F, D

Echineacea - F, D, C
Garlic - F, C
Tea Tree Oil - EO

Omega 3 Fatty Acids - C, and Borage
Vitamin C - C and fruits
Turmeric - D,F, C
Boswellia Extract - C

Mullein - F, T
Pleurisy Root - T
Marshmallow Root - C, T
Elderberry - C, D

Black Walnut - T
Sea Weed - Kelp, Wakame

Elderberry Juice - Simmer elderberries in pot for about an hour. Mullien or Marshmallow root can be added or leave it as it is. Drink hot or over ice with lemon slices.

Juicing: Carrots, apples, ginger, kale, lemon, oranges, celery.

Dear Readers, you might also want to research:

Butterbur
He Shou We
Blue Vervain
Corn Silk
Wood Betony

Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint soap

Use for cleaning in bathroom and kitchen.

Use on hair. Careful of eyes.

Opens energies.

Oregano oil - use in kitchen for washing hands. Wash groceries and items from store with soapy water and oregano oil.

Make a spray with oregano oil and distilled water or witch hazel. Spray on hands when out, spray on body oregano oil has anti-viral properties.

Lavender - Mix with lavender oil in bath with Epsom salts.

Mix lavender EO with oil - rub on temples, massage head.

Rinse hair after washing with vinegar.

Lavender - mix with distilled water or witch hazel in spray bottle.

Spray on face.

Spray on bed linens.

Spray on self when anxious or tense.

Mix with aloe vera gel in small jar, rub on temples and wrists - headaches.

I also make my own deodorant: Tea tree oil, lavender, frankincense, myrrh, and rosemary in a base of witch hazel. The energies and properties of the herbs goes into my lymphatic system through the skin. I also use this spray on areas where a heat rash occurs, and sometimes on my face because it feels lovely.

In God’s Garden we have been given plants, herbs, fruits, seeds, nuts, flowers - everything that we need to nourish the body, build the body, cleanse the body, and keep the body in a state of at-One-ness.

I hope that this list of herbal foods becomes the root which blossoms into a tree of wisdom within you Dear Readers.

With love,
Johanna

Post subject: In God’s Garden: Bio-Mass and Water Retention
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:50 am 
In God’s Garden:
Building Bio-mass and Retaining Water

2:
An example of Hugelkulture.png
An example of Hugelkulture.png [ 380.14 KiB | Viewed 7364 times ]

Hello Dear Readers,

A question from GurujiMa concerning building the soil, as well as the recognition that in our area we are experiencing drought led me to searching online this spring of how to build soil as well as retain the precious resource of water.

This year in God’s Garden, I am experimenting with Trenching and Hugelkulture. Search online to learn more. I have built a small Hugelculture bed to begin with and will be experimenting with different sizes throughout the garden. One bed, which gets particularly hot and dry in the summers has been set aside for trenching which I began a month ago.

1:
Trenching 1 build biomass.png
Trenching 1 build biomass.png [ 461.42 KiB | Viewed 7364 times ]

0:
Trenching 2 build biomass.png
Trenching 2 build biomass.png [ 472.23 KiB | Viewed 7364 times ]

Hungry and Aggressive Deer:

The deer have been unusually aggressive and destructive this spring, To address their needs, I have made seed balls from cover crop seeds which will be distributed in areas outside of the gardens where the deer tend to graze - a meadow and in the woods. (Hairy vetch, daikon radish, various clovers, grazing collards). Some folks I have told about this have felt that I would only invite more deer. It came to me as guidance that the deer are so hungry that they are attacking the garden in search of food (they are knocking down the metal fencing) in need of food. Updates on the success or not of all projects in the fall. I have also wrapped boxes of Irish Spring soap in fabric and placed them strategically around the areas where the deer have shown a pattern for destroying plants or fencing, as well as hair in netting. Wrapping is a personal preference. One can just drill a hole through the box, add a string and hang them. All these ideas are the wonderful inspirations of other gardeners whom I learn from. I bless and thank them for freely sharing their wisdom.

with love from God’s Garden,
Johanna

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4