It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am 

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: The Sacred Consciousness of Food
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:30 pm 

"Viewing the physical body as "God's body" is a transformation of great importance. It will go a long way toward establishing the correct perspective regarding self-care and purity that is necessary to maintaining the body as a vessel of God's light. Furthermore, viewing it as a significant part of what will allow you to most completely fulfill your soul's purpose on Earth can evoke in you a sense of responsibility for attitudes and habits of self-care that may not have been given a high priority before. Such a shift will make it far more possible for you to do what you have come here to do."

~from, page 28, Chapter 1. "Food", Day 3
"Returning to the Sacred"
The Calendar of Light
http://lightomega.org/CL/Cal-Light-Signup.html

Girl-flickr-photos-alicepopkorn-4092462357-CC-licenses-by-nc-nd-2.0-deed.en.jpg
Girl-flickr-photos-alicepopkorn-4092462357-CC-licenses-by-nc-nd-2.0-deed.en.jpg [ 35.21 KiB | Viewed 9389 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:25 pm 

Your body is the temple for your soul.
Yet it can only be a temple if it is treated in
a sacred manner.
Let the cells of your body breathe with divine
Life. Love them, nurture them, treat them as
God’s body.

Light of the Soul Practice

Body and consciousness are not separate but two parts of a whole.
Their perceived separation is a legacy of the past.

Holding your body as sacred, determine to release one habit that
you have held onto that has not been entirely respectful to your
body. Release of even one habit is often a key to the expansion of
soul awareness.

Day 29, Calendar of Awakening
~the One life in the many~
http://lightomega.org/CA/Cal-Awakening-Signup.html

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm 
Dear Friends,

In my journey to know God and myself, I have been drawn to Julie's teachings over the past several years. I find I have arrived at a place where I am reminded, within the small things of the day, that all that God has created is sacred.

All is sacred.
I am and You are sacred.

To think that we are less than is to limit ourselves from growing in love and light. It is this thought that has become the bridge in helping me honor the body I have been given and the choices I make day to day.

To take an additional step, may we consider that we are much more than our parent's children, more than a husband, wife, sister, brother. In doing so we start to see ourselves as a sacred soul created from love by the One. This is a miraculous thought, a miraculous gift! To allow this awareness comes the opportunity to really change our lives and in turn the lives of those we know. This extends out further than we can imagine!

Being able to see ourselves as a soul allows us to let go of all the nagging self accusations and thoughts to make more room for God's spirit. And in making a space ready for the holy One, we start to prepare His room within our hearts and bodies. We become more mindful of the choices we make, from what to wear, to what to watch on TV, the internet, music we listen to and conversations we take part in. It also includes how we choose to fuel our bodies. We become more mindful of clean eating as nourishment for us and become aware of how it makes us feel. Some foods are dense, some more light-filled. In making more light-filled choices our bodies are able to carry more light, helping anchor the Divine's light upon the earth.

With this knowing I am mindfully learning as I go. Do I make choices that I wish I hadn't along the way? Yes, but I consider myself in training so I start over and begin again remembering, much more clearly, who I am and who I belong to.

I share my experience with you, not to instruct you but to encourage you on your journey. May you remember who you are beyond the roles you are playing upon the earth and may your heart be lightened to know that, even if you don't feel it, throughout all difficulties you've encountered you are & always will be greatly loved and cherished. You are a beloved of the One heart.

All blessings,
Meg

Each existence is founded in love,
for love has created all things.

Every molecule, cell, and atom of your body
is fueled by the energy of love.
Love holds all atoms and molecules together.
It is the great binding agent which allows
existence to be.

Day 3, Calendar of Awakening
~ the One life in the many ~
http://lightomega.org/CA/Cal-Awakening-Signup.html

I Am as close to you-500x463.jpg
I Am as close to you-500x463.jpg [ 45.97 KiB | Viewed 9355 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:10 am 

OUR SACRED BODIES
by Julie

"To treat our bodies as sacred involves a twofold responsibility, then. On the one hand, it involves our responsibility to take good care of our body which is the precious house within which our soul dwells. On the other hand, it involves the responsibility to carefully listen to the messages of our bodies so that we cooperate with God's intention for us, learning from our limitations what we are meant to learn.

In the case of caring for our bodies, we need to pay attention to the food we put into them, to the environments we place ourselves in, to the rest we allow ourselves to take, to the energy requirements of our multiple daily tasks. All this is part of the process of purification on the physical level. In doing these things, we respect the body as sacred and take good care of it so that it can become a vessel of light."

Photo: Sanctify the moment- Holiness of Days Poster-lightomega.org-Bookshop.html

Sanctify the moment- Holiness of Days Poster-lightomega.org-Bookshop.html.jpg
Sanctify the moment- Holiness of Days Poster-lightomega.org-Bookshop.html.jpg [ 55.08 KiB | Viewed 9328 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:44 am 
DEVELOPING A SACRED RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
by Julie

Prayer:

Show me how to come into relationship with the Living Earth that I may receive her gifts of food with reverence and gratitude
and that in each moment of eating what the Living Earth provides
I may feel my sacred relationship with her.

cherry tree-lightomega.org-Sacred-Relationship-with-Food.jpg
cherry tree-lightomega.org-Sacred-Relationship-with-Food.jpg [ 62.7 KiB | Viewed 9303 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:58 pm 

"Within the Divine flow, life is not out of balance. One’s heart, infused with light, becomes attuned to an understanding of where to go next and what is needed now. Life becomes simpler.

You are being called, beloved one, to this Divine life. You are being called to let go of all the things you think you need and to ask God to show you what you really need. You are being called to release your own personal agenda which is often based on anxiety, to God’s Divine agenda which interconnects your life with all around you." ~ from, "The Simplicity of Life, by Julie.

Seedling.jpg
Seedling.jpg [ 66.01 KiB | Viewed 9279 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:43 pm 

THE SACRED CONSCIOUSNESS OF FOOD
by Julie

"In order to prepare our bodies for maximum receptivity to God's light and love, our motivation must be strong. We must want to love others more and to love God more. Out of this motivation comes attention to the characteristics of thought and feeling that promote receptivity to Divine energy. Out of this motivation also comes attention to the characteristics of our bodies that enhance this receptivity.

With respect to emotions, it is easy to see how energies of anger, fear, or despair may block our full receptivity to light and love. In relation to thoughts, it is also easy to see how qualities of obsessive thinking, worrying, and trying to control things may stand in the way of forming attitudes of openness and trust. With regard to our bodies, however, most people are more prone to separate the physical from the spiritual. As a result, we need to become more diligent in seeing how we can help the physical rejoin the spiritual and become more receptive to God's light.

The goal here is not about beliefs but about embodying light. There have always been virtuous and spiritually advanced people who walked the Earth who transmitted ideas and teachings of great value to humanity. However, there have never been a large number of people who viewed their bodies as vessels for Divine light, and who, by their own choice, sought to create physical instruments for the healing of the planet.

That this is possible today is part of the time we are in, a time of advancing light and rapidly evolving consciousness in which both knowledge about spiritual development and the presence of a higher vibration of light allow those who choose to, to develop bodies which can be a healing force in the world. By moving in this direction, we have the capacity to not only affect our own lives through our purification and healing, but the lives of others as well."

Sacred Conciousness of Food- lightomega.org.jpg
Sacred Conciousness of Food- lightomega.org.jpg [ 23.88 KiB | Viewed 9240 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:16 pm 
Dear Friends, I wish to share one of the many "Talks & Meditations" Julie has given that continue to lead me to a deeper understanding each time I listen.
This one is about "Transformation and Change." ~ Blessings, Meg

Transformation and Change
a podcast by Julie

Movements of our soul carry consciousness forward through time, creating learning of who we are and what life is about. Transformation accelerates this process, for here we make a conscious choice to say "yes" to the becoming of our own selves.

File comment: Listen to:
http://lightomega.org/CL/audio/ThePracticeofAlignment(SP1).mp3

Sacred-Practice-of-Alignment -  lightomega.org.jpg
Sacred-Practice-of-Alignment - lightomega.org.jpg [ 39.13 KiB | Viewed 9221 times ]

Post subject: Lighting A Candle When Preparing Food - Sacred Consciousness
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:28 pm 

0:
Sacred Consciousness of Food_LightOmegaTeaching_Sacred Candle_Sacred Cooking.jpg
Sacred Consciousness of Food_LightOmegaTeaching_Sacred Candle_Sacred Cooking.jpg [ 11.07 KiB | Viewed 9125 times ]

"The candle radiates its own spiritual light
and helps to consecrate the event taking place." 

http://lightomega.org/oneworldmeditatio ... tions.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:06 pm 
Dearest Johanna, this beautiful candle lit with great devotion and reverence carries a blessing that extends beyond the page. I am so grateful for your posting, it went right to my heart. One day the world will be transformed and each of us will know how intimately we are connected with all there is. But right now, if each of us asked for God's blessing and presence as we prepare a meal, mindfully, giving thanks for each ingredient, the alchemy of divine Love would begin to satisfy humanity's hunger that food cannot. May we invite God into our kitchen and a seat at our table as we feed our families in union with the Giver of all blessings. With love, Meg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:09 pm 

"To love our bodies is to give our bodies foods that contain life, vital foods, foods that are natural and whole, rather than foods that are dead and lifeless.

Food preparation is also an important subject for those interested in creating a sacred body. The food that we eat, freshly picked from the Earth, is pure and nourishing the way God intended it to be to support our physical life. The food that we eat that comes to us through supermarkets, in bottles or cans, processed, or having traveled through many hands to get to us, is often much less pure and much less nourishing. Why is this?

Food that is prepared by loving hands, lovingly, does not add anything to the food that is difficult for the body to digest. Rather, it adds energy to the food that makes it more nourishing. Food prepared in haste, indifferently, or with anger or fear, without the desire to offer it as gift, incorporates into itself some part of the attitude of the person or persons preparing it. That is why food served to others and to oneself needs to be prepared slowly and peacefully, as if we were preparing a welcome for an honored guest. In offering this food to others, we need to offer it with love and a desire for their nourishment. This attitude maintains the pure, clear state of the food we eat and adds love to it."

~ an excerpt from "The Sacred Consciousness of Food"
http://lightomega.org/Ind/Pure/Sacred-Consciousness-of-Food.html

Post subject: Purifying the Blood and the Body: The Way of the Elders
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 am 

Detoxing the body from environmental toxins.

There are numerous detox diets using herbs and foods for purifying the blood found
online and in books in the library.

Most important ~ remember the ways of your elders.

Ask the elders to share their wisdom on healing when they were being brought up,
elders in your family, your neighborhood; no matter what culture you, or they, are from.

Use herbs, and explore healing methods which your elders grew up on, which has kept them
in the face of years of environmental toxins, alive, and healthy and long living.

For example: Caribbean peoples drink Sorrel which is an excellent blood purifier.
East Asian peoples eat Shitake mushrooms which boost the immune system.

Try to use organic foods. It can be done. If you cannot, peel off any skins, and
bless your foods, uplifting the vibrational fields of the foods themselves.

There is are many ways to keep your body pure.

Begin growing your own herbs and vegetables - organically.

Open your mind, read everything you can - teach yourself, if you cannot afford to visit
a naturopath, acupuncturist, or herbal practitioner, then as your elders once did,
learn how to take care of your body as naturally as possible.

This teaching is not to be confused with medical advice.

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next