It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: The Sacred Consciousness of Food
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am 
All practices related to eating can be brought into the overall consciousness that one carries concerning how to bring God into daily life. Part of this consciousness involves the awareness of the light-based qualities that particular food substances contain; part is determined by one's own attitudes toward providing nourishment for oneself and others. However, the central part, the foundation upon which all else rests, has to do with an honoring of the body as a sacred vessel, an intimate participant in one's journey to the Divine.

There are foods that concentrate and metabolize sunlight within the body and in doing so create a linkage with the higher octaves of spiritual light. This can happen because light exists along a spectrum or ladder from the highest light-frequencies to the lowest, and thus, plant-based foods that concentrate physical light also contribute to one's expanding consciousness.

Similarly, there are foods that detract from one's capacity to hold light, and these should be avoided if one is desiring to include the body as a participant in a Divine journey.

All who wish to learn about the relationship of food to sacred consciousness may do so by merely turning to their own innate sense of what they are ready to let go of in terms of habits and practices, and what they aspire to. The willingness to conform one's daily life to the highest goals that one's heart may hold opens the door to a new way of looking at food, and a new way of appreciating the process of taking in nourishment.

May all who seek to bring God more intimately and completely into body, heart, and mind, know that the path to do so is already open within you.

All blessings - Julie

For further reading:

The Sacred Consciousness of Food - http://lightomega.org/Ind/Pure/Sacred-Consciousness-of-Food.html

Learning to Live in Sacred Reality - http://lightomega.org/Ind/Pure/Learning-to-Live-in-Sacred-Reality.html

Addiction and Spirituality http://lightomega.org/Articles/Addiction-and-Spirituality.html

The Calendar of Light - http://lightomega.org/Bookshop.html
This is the best source for understanding light-based eating practices.

Next: Food Preparation and Sacred Consciousness

Post subject: Re: The Sacred Consciousness of Food
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm 
Dear Julie,
This is wonderful!! Thank you for your teaching.
I, again, have had the veil lifted a bit more as, it is as, you said..about SURRENDER to bring one into further alignment with the Divine. Too often during my life I did not regard food as sacred..just as a thing, a tool and sometimes less than that!

It is my hope that as those reading this new offering will share their experiences in making the Sacred Consciousness of Food part of their spiritual practice. I am very new to this practice and will look forward to the support & information here. ~With love, gratitude and blessings, Meg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 pm 
Here is something to consider, dear one, and it is important for all, namely, that the way of desiring a healthy diet such as one that includes fruits, vegetables, and whole foods, while valuable and important in its own right, is not the same as the way of light, the understanding of the light-body, and the relationship to one's body as a sacred temple of the Divine.

Here, we are speaking of sacred consciousness, the consideration of the Divine relationship that lies behind all food choices and all choices related to the body in general. There is much written about eating in a healthy way, but this is about eating in a way that supports and includes God in the cells of the body.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:19 pm 
As I read your words, Julie, I can feel the difference to which you refer & how this awakening to care for my light-body will take me deeper. This is another answer to that which has long awaited healing. I see there is also for me, the opportunity to practice letting go & non-judgement towards myself & members of my household that may not share the same realization, at this time. The thought of this, in one way feels a bit daunting & yet very freeing at the same time. Thank you so much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:14 pm 
Dear Meg and others,
My relationship to the sacred consciousness of food is complex and ever-evolving. I have much to change when it is time in terms of my diet, but I am not ready at this time, or perhaps it is not time. But I can share an experience I have had recently. Four years ago I went through a deep and intense crisis in my life. I experienced great difficulty eating and found that I could only eat a few things at times. One of these was a particular chocolate biscotti. There were days all I ate were one each meal with iced tea. Four years later, I was still having one for breakfast each morning and I knew it wasn't what my body needed. I could also feel the dependence I had on it. At the same time, my son was struggling with drug dependence. I felt if I couldn't stop my dependence on this biscotti (instead of trusting God with my feelings) than how could I expect him to? So I stopped. I have one occasionally now, but it isn't a problem and honestly, each time I haven't even really liked it and probably wont have them much if at all.

This process I went through reminded me of the story Ghandi told (I think it was Ghandi) when a woman asked him to get her son to stop eating sugar and he tells her to come back in 3 weeks. So she does, he tells her son to stop eating sugar and the son stops. The woman then asks, why did you tell me to come back in 3 weeks, why couldn't you have told him that 3 weeks ago? And Ghandi says, "I was still eating sugar 3 weeks ago". This speaks to how we must be willing to put what we say into practice and how it isn't what we say, but our presence that conveys sacred consciousness.

I am not exactly sure if this story expresses what Julie is saying about sacred consciousness as my motivation was not consciously about becoming a more divine vessel, but it was definitely motivated by love, and a longing to support both of us in loving ourselves and surrendering our feelings of dependence to God and not substituting something else (in my case biscotti) for comfort.

May each of us continue to move toward greater love and light within ourselves and with each other.

With Love,
Abriete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm 
Dear Abriete,

That's one of my favorite stories about Ghandi!
I am very appreciative of you sharing your experience & the love with which you shared it. Acknowledging that one is not ready to change a behavior, just yet, is something I can relate to.
I do feel an inner resistance, much like how an over-stayed house guest must feel when being shown the door!!
While at the same time, there's also the inner feeling of anticipation; with new things to be discovered about my love for God and God's love for me. Based upon my personal history, Abriete, I have been a slow learner but now I know that as I take my first steps, unsure & unsteady like a child, that I will receive the help I need from God. Will I succeed 100 percent of the time? Maybe not, but I do know that I will keep trying.

I join you and all that may read this in the beautiful blessing you shared: May each of us continue to move toward greater love and light within ourselves and with each other. With love and blessings, Meg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 pm 
This is a really interesting and enlightening topic. I have always had a bad relationship with food and would use it as a comfort in times of emotional stress, but found it only suppressed the inner yo yo of emotions temporarily. I would then berate myself for overeating sugary processed foods, because of weight gain; hence I saw all food as bad.

My emotions are now compartmentalised so am able to totally focus on healthy living and exercise. I became aware that this is part of the process of healing and becoming whole; to look after the well being of the body. As I have taken in more light it seems that my diet and thoughts towards food seems to have changed automatically. My digestive system can’t digest the heavy processed foods that it used to, so have made the change towards a lighter and healthier way of living. I always assumed this is just another step to becoming a pure light channel for spirit.

Blessings Jeannie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:58 am 
Dear Meg,
Thank you so much. I can appreciate the feeling of inner resistance. I too try to treat myself with compassion around this as each new step can be fraught with emotions or other things that are in need of purification, not only around food, but everything. As Julie has taught me, it is the willingness to bring these thoughts and feelings to the light of God and our own conscious awareness that helps them to release as light dissolves them and we disengage from aligning with them.

Dear Jeannie,
I so understand that struggle with food and am grateful that you are experiencing more ease as the light increases for you.

With Love,
Abriete

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:21 pm 
"As Julie has taught me, it is the willingness to bring these thoughts and feelings to the light of God and our own conscious awareness that helps them to release as light dissolves them and we disengage from aligning with them."

Dear Abriete,
Through this process, there are more energies/ issues surfacing that clearly indicate I don’t have to carry them anymore. Though the logical mind says..well, just let go.. I am finding these attachments go deeper than my conscious mind is aware.

Through this realization I am learning to have more compassion & patience for myself. To think when I started this I thought it was about food and making choices to take in more light, choosing purer food etc. but, no...it's really about Everything! I have found I cannot separate things as I had learned as a child.

I thank God that my remembering has taken place at a time in history when Light is strengthening on Earth and more help is here to assist me and everyone that is waking up. I thank God for the generous love and selfless giving found all throughout Light Omega and those with whom I share this journey.

Namaste & love to you, dear Abriete.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:31 pm 
Thank you, dear Meg. I am wondering, what are you realizing from this?
With Love,
Abriete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
abriete abriete:
Thank you, dear Meg. I am wondering, what are you realizing from this? With Love, Abriete

Dear Abriete, I would like to answer your question & for some reason I'm having difficulty. Would you mind asking again in a different way?
❤ Meg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:22 pm 
I can try. You spoke of having realizations, but you didn't share what they were. Often I find that people speak in generalities which are difficult for me to respond to, so I was asking more specifically what you had learned about your self.

With Love,
Abriete

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next