It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am 

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: Re: I Am and You Are One
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:40 pm 
Dear Abriete,
We often give additional life to fleeting painful moments. It is a choice to feel sadness, shame etc. and a choice let these feelings go. The light we carry acts to remind us of what needs to be brought into alignment. These events are blessings in disguise. I think it is an act of love and wisdom, Abriete, to hold compassion for both of you. ~Meg

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:28 pm 
Dearest Karima,

Thank you so much for your beautiful and sacred message. Yes, I agree, these feelings must come to consciousness so that I can learn from them with the light of God shining so clearly on them to light my way Home. My spiritual path with God and with Julie all these years, has been a gift so that I can know this on deeper and deeper levels. It always amazes me, though, how deeply these places that are away from God, are still within me.

Your sharing is a beautiful gift. May I invite you to share more about your life and your journey with us?

With Deepest Love and Gratitude,

Abriete

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm 
My Beloved sister

Thank you for your beautiful words.

I too have gone through the valley of death and sometimes i still visit there when i forget for a moment that i already am Home in the arms of my Father.

Regarding these hidden things within us, whether it would be shame, fear, low self esteem etc.. the fact that you now see them is good news Our Creator in His infinite Love and Wisdom shines His Light in the darkness that we have created in complete ignorance of our True Self, so although it might be painful, rejoice for your Beloved has given you His Grace, without It we are powerless to bring to consciousness that which is hidden in the dark.

Always remind yourself that whatever appears in your consciousness that may bring a feeling of less than perfect peace is not you, but we have created it in believing in our separation from the Whole.

If we could only believe that we are within God now, one with Him now, literally, then we would experience our oneness in no time, it is the Truth, take it within if you can and it will guide you to your own Self which you are right now.

Right here wherever you may be while reading this, please believe me when i say to you that right where you are, just as you are ( no need to process or heal anything, as this is still part of the dream of separation and will get you stuck in an unending loop ) your whole Being is One with God, the mind might see a room or a garden but what is truly here, what you are in, is God. The mind can never see it, but the Soul can.

When you realize this, you may feel a peace or gratitude welling from within you, this is the alchemical effect of the meeting of the soul with Her Creator, it is only the beginning, if you let it become an endless Love affair, you will drown slowly deeper in the vast infinite Love of God.

I was going to say " May God Bless you" but He already has, from before the beginning.

I will try to share what is given me if guided to do so.

Love

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm 
Hello Everyone

These are my thoughts on living as 'One'

When we connect to the soul the God within, we are connected to the whole; there is no separateness. If we can bring God into our consciousness and allow him to live through us, then we are living as 'One'.

Jeannie

Post subject: WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD I Am and You Are One
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:55 pm 

WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD
because it is all 'our' world, and because only in this way
can we preserve the planet and its resources.

WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD

In order to insure that the Earth become a sustainable planet, with resources and population held in balance, we need first to insure that all be fed so that an equality of interests and needs can exist on a global level.

------------------------------

There are some things that are so fundamental to our outlook on life and to our way of life that we no longer think of them as moveable or changeable. We hold them as 'facts' of life, rather than merely as prejudices or preferences. And we delay questioning these presumed 'facts' since they are longstanding and seem to insure the continuation of our own comfort and security.

Such is the outlook of many when it comes to a discussion of population control, of the 7.2 billion already living on the planet and the exponential growth of these 7.2 million by the end of the century. With diminishing resources and expanding populations, many ask how a sustainable planet can be brought into existence.

The means for introducing birth control has been widely discussed, with many cultures having their own ideas about this, and many populations still reluctant to accept this on a wide scale. However, the reasons for non-acceptance may have less to do with a lack of education concerning birth control than with an overriding need to maintain large families that precedes, in importance, the need to balance resources and population.

What is this overriding need?

It is the need to survive and to maintain oneself and one's family under conditions of deprivation, hopelessness, and often of despair.

How does this affect population control?

Those who perpetuate large families are doing many things in relation to such a choice:

- they are affirming ancient cultural traditions

- they are creating a larger family pool of those who might work to contribute to the family income

- they are maintaining a standard of 'success' and 'virility' by bringing children into the world

- they are creating 'insurance' in the presence of a higher mortality rate for infants at childbirth and a higher mortality rate of children due to childhood diseases

What needs to happen in order to alter this?

If we want to control population growth, if we want to have a global population that recognizes and adheres to the needs of the planet,

WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD.

(And this includes the invisible world of those who go hungry or are 'food insecure' within developed countries such as the U.S.)

We need to insure that families in poorer nations will not go hungry while those in wealthier nations are overfed.

We need to insure that childbirth practices will be supported by the best medical knowledge and the best available emergency resources that are currently present in only a portion of the world.

- We need to make western medicine and pharmacological advances available to the rest of the world, rather than, as it presently stands, offering medicines to undeveloped nations at prohibitive costs

WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD WITH TECHNOLOGY, MEDICINE, and especially with the local resources for people to produce their own FOOD.

We can no longer afford to complain, in the West, about the combined dangers to the planet due to diminishing resources and expanding population. We can no longer speak of the world as if it is our personal world, our personal way of life that is at risk.

WE NEED TO FEED THE WORLD because it is all 'our' world, and because only in this way can we preserve the planet and its resources.

Such a perspective has been articulated by many, for decades. It is not new. It is not unheard of. And yet it has not taken root in mainstream consciousness in a way that has allowed governments and the economic structures that influence them to alter their worldview, to see their future as inextricably connected to the future of the planet as a whole.

The time for changing this worldview is coming and has arrived, a time in which the necessity for this shall become clear to people everywhere because of the changes that the current planetary situation shall bring, and because of a changed consciousness that shall alter, forever, the idea of 'survival of the fittest,' or 'every person for themselves.'

Out of necessity shall come a willingness to accept what has been unacceptable before, not simply out of a desire for survival, but because the recognition of oneness shall become clearer to every human heart, and the need to care for all human beings as of equal value shall emblazon itself upon every mind.

This moment of clarity has not yet arrived but it is at our doorstep. May its coming light be bright and clear so that those in doubt may cease to wonder, and those in fear of the loss of their own security may feel reassured.

Please share this Newsletter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:47 pm 
ONE WORLD MEDITATIONS - http://www.oneworldmeditations.org

All are welcome to this weekly meditation whether you have meditation experience or not. Only a heartfelt prayer for the healing of the Earth and her inhabitants is needed. Please share this notice wherever you can.

Wednesdays, 8:30-9pm (ET); 5:30-6pm (PT), 1:30-2am (GMT)

OWM-LightOmega.org-GoldHeart.jpg
OWM-LightOmega.org-GoldHeart.jpg [ 15.64 KiB | Viewed 6078 times ]

Post subject: Prayers for Ray Jasper - Texas Inmate to be Excecuted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 am 

Note from Johanna:

I have been deeply moved by reading Ray Jasper's letter from death row in Texas. Ray Jasper is to be executed for being present and participating in a murder at age 18. It is not for me to judge him by the law as this has been done, my heart has great empathy for Ray and millions of black men and boys in the now (more and more predominately) for profit prison system. I do not believe in the death penalty.

Ray has a special message for our hearts. Ray, my brother, I am with you. My heart is with you and I pray that mercy may be upon you. I am with you and pray for the day when the prison system is purified and redeemed. I pray for the day - when redemption is valued - when "We the People" create a sanctified earth where all souls are treated with dignity - from birth until death. Until then, I and you are one. Amen.

I have reprinted Ray Jasper's full response. Original links to Ray's letter below.

oneLOVE

Mr. Nolan,

When I first responded to you, I didn't think that it would cause people to reach out to me and voice their opinions. I've never been on the internet in my life and I'm not fully aware of the social circles on the internet, so it was a surprise to receive reactions so quickly.

I learned that some of the responses on your website were positive and some negative. I can only appreciate the conversation. Osho once said that one person considered him like an angel and another person considered him like a devil, he didn't attempt to refute neither perspective because he said that man does not judge based on the truth of who you are, but on the truth of who they are.

Your words struck a chord with me. You said that my perspective is different and therefore my words have a sort of value. Yet, you're talking to a young man that's been judged unworthy to breathe the same air you breathe. That's like a hobo on the street walking up to you and you ask him for spare change.

Without any questions, you've given me a blank canvas. I'll only address what's on my heart. Next month, the State of Texas has resolved to kill me like some kind of rabid dog, so indirectly, I guess my intention is to use this as some type of platform because this could be my final statement on earth.

I think 'empathy' is one of the most powerful words in this world that is expressed in all cultures. This is my underlining theme. I do not own a dictionary, so I can't give you the Oxford or Webster definition of the word, but in my own words, empathy means 'putting the shoe on the other foot.'

Empathy. A rich man would look at a poor man, not with sympathy, feeling sorrow for the unfortunate poverty, but also not with contempt, feeling disdain for the man's poverish state, but with empathy, which means the rich man would put himself in the poor man's shoes, feel what the poor man is feeling, and understand what it is to be the poor man.

Empathy breeds proper judgement. Sympathy breeds sorrow. Contempt breeds arrogance. Neither are proper judgements because they're based on emotions. That's why two people can look at the same situation and have totally different views. We all feel differently about a lot of things. Empathy gives you an inside view. It doesn't say 'If that was me...', empathy says, 'That is me.'

What that does is it takes the emotions out of situations and forces us to be honest with ourselves. Honesty has no hidden agenda. Thoreau proposed that 'one honest man' could morally regenerate an entire society.

Looking through the eyes of empathy & honesty, I'll address some of the topics you mentioned. It's only my perspective.

The Justice system is truly broken beyond repair and the sad part is there is no way to start over. Improvements can be made. If honest people stand up, I think they will be made over time. I know the average person isn't paying attention to all the laws constantly being passed by state & federal legislation. People are more focused on their jobs, raising kids and trying to find entertainment in between time. The thing is, laws are being changed right and left.

A man once said that revolution comes when you inform people of their rights. Martin Luther King said a revolution comes by social action and legal action working hand in hand. I'm not presenting any radical revolutionary view, the word revolution just means change. America changes as the law changes.

Under the 13th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution all prisoners in America are considered slaves. We look at slavery like its a thing of the past, but you can go to any penitentiary in this nation and you will see slavery. That was the reason for the protests by prisoners in Georgia in 2010. They said they were tired of being treated like slaves. People need to know that when they sit on trial juries and sentence people to prison time that they are sentencing them to slavery.

If a prisoner refuses to work and be a slave, they will do their time in isolation as a punishment. You have thousands of people with a lot of prison time that have no choice but to make money for the government or live in isolation. The affects of prison isolation literally drive people crazy. Who can be isolated from human contact and not lose their mind? That was the reason California had an uproar last year behind Pelican Bay. 33,000 inmates across California protested refusing to work or refusing to eat on hunger-strikes because of those being tortured in isolation in Pelican Bay.

I think prison sentences have gotten way out of hand. People are getting life sentences for aggravated crimes where no violence had occurred. I know a man who was 24 years old and received 160 years in prison for two aggravated robberies where less that $500 was stole and no violence took place. There are guys walking around with 200 year sentences and they're not even 30 years old. Its outrageous. Giving a first time felon a sentence beyond their life span is pure oppression. Multitudes of young people have been thrown away in this generation.

The other side of the coin is there are those in the corporate world making money off prisoners, so the longer they're in prison, the more money is being made. It's not about crime & punishment, it's about crime & profit. Prison is a billion dollar industry. In 1996, there were 122 prisons opened across America. Companies were holding expos in small towns showing how more prisons would boost the economy by providing more jobs.

How can those that invest in prisons make money if people have sentences that will allow them to return to free society? If people were being rehabilitated and sent back into the cities, who would work for these corporations? That would be a bad investment. In order for them to make money, people have to stay in prison and keep working. So the political move is to tell the people they're tough on crime and give people longer sentences.

Chuck Colson, former advisor to the President once said that they were passing laws to be tough on crime, but they didn't even know who the laws were affecting. It wasn't until the Watergate scandal and Colson himself going to prison that he learned who the laws were affecting. Colson ended up forming the largest prison ministry in America. He also foreseen in his book THE GOD OF SPIDERS & STONES that America was forming a new society within its prisons. Basically, that prison would become a nation inside this nation. He predicted that over a million people would be locked up by the year 2000. The book was written in the 8O's. Now, its 2014 and almost two million people are locked up. It's not that crime is the issue. Crime still goes on daily. It's that the politics surrounding crime have changed and it has become a numbers game. Dollars & Cents. You have people like Michael Jordan who invest millions of dollars in the prison system. Any shrewed businessman would if you have no empathy for people locked up and you just want to make some money.

I don't agree with the death penalty. It's a very Southern practice from that old lynching mentality. Almost all executions take place in the South with a few exceptions here and there. Texas is the leading State by far. I'm not from Texas. I was raised in California. Coming from the West Coast to the South was like going back in time. I didn't even think real cowboys existed. Texas is a very 'country' state, aside a few major cities. There are still small towns that a black person would not be welcomed. California is more of a melting pot. I grew up in the Bay Area where its very diverse.

The death penalty needs to be abolished. Life without parole is still a death sentence. The only difference is time. To say you need to kill a person in a shorter amount of time is just seeking revenge on that person.

If the death penalty must exist, I think it should only be for cases where more than one person is killed like these rampant shootings that have taken place around the country the last few years. Also, in a situation of terrorism.

If you're not giving the death penalty for murder, then the government is already saying that the taking of one's life is not worth the death penalty. Capital murder is if you take someone's life and commit another felony at the same time. That's Texas law. That makes a person eligible for the death penalty The problem is, you're not getting the death penalty for murder, you're actually getting it for the other felony. That doesn't make common sense. You can kill a man but you will not get the death penalty......if you kill a man and take money out his wallet, now you can get the death penalty.

I'm on death row and yet I didn't commit the act of murder. I was convicted under the law of parties. When people read about the case, they assume I killed the victim, but the facts are undisputed that I did not kill the victim. The one who killed him plead guilty to capital murder for a life sentence. He admitted to the murder and has never denied it. Under the Texas law of parties, they say it doesn't matter whether I killed the victim or not, I'm criminally responsible for someone else's conduct. But I was the only one given the death penalty.

The law of parties is a very controversial law in Texas. Most Democrats stand against it. It allows the state to execute someone who did not commit the actual act of murder. There are around 50 guys on death row in Texas who didn't kill anybody, but were convicted as a party.

The lethal injection has become a real controversial issue here of late because states are using drugs that they're not authorize to use to execute people. The lethal injection is an old Nazi practice deriving from the Jewish Holocaust. To use that method to kill people today, when it's unconstitutional to use it on dogs, is saying something very cruel and inhumane. People don't care because they think they're killing horrible people. No empathy. Just contempt.

I understand that it's not popular to talk about race issues these days, but I speak on the subject of race because I hold a burden in my heart for all the young blacks who are locked up or who see the street life as the only means to make something of themselves. When I walked into prison at 19 years old, I said to myself 'Damn, I have never seen so many black dudes in my life'. I mean, it looked like I went to Africa. I couldn't believe it. The lyrics of 2Pac echoed in my head, 'The penitentiary is packed/ and its filled with blacks'.

It's really an epidemic, the number of blacks locked up in this country. That's why I look, not only at my own situation, but why all of us young blacks are in prison. I've come to see, it's largely due to an indentity crisis. We don t know our history. We don't know how to really indentify with white people. We are really of a different culture, but by being slaves, we lost ourselves.

When you have a black man name John Williams and a white man name John Williams, the black man got his name from the white man. Within that lies a lost of identity. There are blacks in this country that don't even consider themselves African. Well, what are we? When did we stop being African? If you ask a young black person if they're African, they will say 'No, I'm American'. They've lost their roots. They think slavery is their roots. Again, its a strong identity crisis.

You take the identity crisis, mix it with capitalism, where money comes before empathy, and you'll have a lot of young blacks trying to get money by any means because they're trying to get out of poverty or stay out of poverty. Now, money is what they try to find an identity in. They feel like if they get rich, legal or illegal, they've become somebody. Which in America is partly true because superficially we hail the rich and despise the poor. We give Jay-Z more credit than we do Al Sharpton. What has Jay-Z done besides get rich? Yet we see dollar signs and somehow give more respect to the man with the money.

A French woman who moved to America asked me one day, 'Why don't black kids want to learn?' Her husband was a high school teacher. She said the white and asian kids excel in school, but the black and hispanic kids don't. I said that all kids want to learn, it's just a matter of what you're trying to teach them. Cutting a frog open is not helping a black kid in the ghetto who has to listen to police sirens all night and worry about getting shot. Those kids need life lessons. They need direction. When you have black kids learning more about the Boston Tea Party than the Black Panther Party, I guarantee you won't keep their attention. But it was the Black Panther Party that got them free lunch.

People point their fingers at young blacks, call them thugs and say they need to pull up their pants. That's fine, but you're not feeding them any knowledge. You're not giving them a vision. All you're saying is be a square like me. They're not going to listen to you because you have guys like Jay-Z and Rick Ross who are millionaires and sag their pants. Changing the way they dress isn't changing the way they think. As the Bible says, 'Where there's no vision the people perish'. Young blacks need to learn their identity so they can have more respect for the blacks that suffered for their liberties than they have for someone talking about selling drugs over a rap beat who really isn't selling drugs.

They have to be exposed to something new. Their minds have to be challenged, not dulled. They know the history of the Crips & Bloods, but they can't tell you who Garvey or Robeson is. They can quote Drake & Lil Wayne but they can't tell you what Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton has done. Across the nation, they gravitate to Crips & Bloods. I tell those I know the same thing, not to put blue & red before black. They were black first. It's senseless, but they are trying to find a purpose to live for and if a gang gives them a sense of purpose that's what they will gravitate to. They aren't being taught to live and die for something greater. They're not being challenged to do better.

Black history shouldn't be a month, it should be a course, an elective taught year around. I guarantee black kids would take that course if it was available to them. How many black kids would change their outlook if they knew that they were only considered 3/5's of a human being according to the U.S Constitution? That black people were considered part animal in this country. They don't know that. When you learn that, you carry yourself with a different level of dignity for all we've overcome.

Before Martin Luther King was killed he drafted a bill called 'The Bill for the Disadvantaged'. It was for blacks and poor whites. King understood that in order to have a successful life, you have to decrease the odds of failure. You have to change the playing field. I'm not saying there's no personal responsibility for success, that goes without saying, but there's also a corporate responsibility. As the saying goes, when you see someone who has failed, you see someone who was failed.

Neither am I saying that advantages are always circumstancial. Sometimes its knowledge or opportunity that gives an advantage. A lot of times it is the circumstances. Flowers grow in gardens, not in hard places. Using myself as an example, I was 15 when my first love got shot 9 times in Oakland. Do you think I m going to care about book reports when my girlfriend was shot in the face? I understand Barack Obama saying there is no excuse for blacks or anyone else because generations past had it harder than us. That's true. However, success is based on probabilities and the odds. Everyone is not on a level playing field. For some, the odds are really stacked against them. I'm not saying they can't be overcome, but it's not likely.

I'm not trying to play the race card, I'm looking at the roots of why so many young blacks are locked up. The odds are stacked against us, we suffer from an identity crisis, and we're being targeted more, instead of taught better. Ask any young black person their views on the Police, I assure you their response will not be positive. Yet if you have something against the Police, who represent the government, you cannot sit on a trial jury. A young black woman was struck from the jury in my case because she said she sees the Police as 'intimidators'. She never had a good experience with the Police like most young blacks, but even though she's just being true to her experience, she's not worthy to take part as a juror in a trial.

White people really don't understand how it extreme it is to be judged by others outside your race. In the book TRIAL & ERROR: THE TEXAS DEATH PENALTY Lisa Maxwell paints this picture to get the point across and if any white person reading this is honest with themselves, they will clearly understand the point. I cannot quote it word for word, but this was the gist of it...

Imagine you're a young white guy facing capital murder charges where you can receive the death penalty... the victim in the case is a black man... when you go to trial and step into the courtroom... the judge is a black man... the two State prosecutors seeking the death penalty on you... are also black men... you couldn't afford an attorney, so the Judge appointed you two defense lawyers who are also black men... you look in the jury box... there's 8 more black people and 4 hispanics... the only white person in the courtroom is you... How would you feel facing the death penalty? Do you believe you'll receive justice?

As outside of the box as that scene is, those were the exact circumstances of my trial. I was the only black person in the courtroom.

Again, I'm not playing the race card, but empathy is putting the shoe on the other foot.

The last thing on my heart is about religion and the death penalty. There are several well-known preachers in Texas and across the South that teach their congregations that the death penalty is right by God and backed by the Bible. The death penalty is a governmental issue not a spiritual issue. Southern preachers who advocate the death penalty are condoning evil. They need to learn the legalities of capital punishment. The State may have the power to put people to death, but don't preach to the public that it's God's will. It's the State's will.

If God wanted me to die for anything, I would be dead already. I talk to God everday. He's not telling me I'm some kind of menace that He can't wait to see executed. God is blessing me daily. God is showing me His favor & grace on my life. Like Paul said, I was the chief of sinners, but God had mercy on me because He knew I was ignorant. The blood of Abel cryed vengeance, the blood of Jesus cryed mercy.

There are preachers like John Hagee in San Antonio who have influence over thousands of people, who not only attend his church, but also watch his TV program, and hear him condoning the death penalty. Hagee doesn't see his Southern mentality condones the death penalty, not the scriptures. There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that condones the way Texas executes people today.

Southern preachers use scriptures like God telling Noah, 'Whoever shed's man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed'. 'That's murder. Under Texas law, you cannot receive the death penalty for murder. There is no such thing as capital murder in the Bible, where murder must be in the course of another felony. Yet, they preach capital punishment is God's will. Even if you're guilty of capital murder in Texas, it doesn't mean you'll receive the death penalty. People get the death penalty when a jury has judged them to be a 'continuing threat to society'. 'That means they are deemed so bad that they have no hope of redemption or change in their behavior. That is the only reason a person gets the death penalty. They are suppose to be the absolute worse of the worse, so terrible that they cannot live in prison with other murderers.

That in itself is contrary to the whole Christian faith that believes no one is beyond redemption if they repent for their sins and put their faith in Jesus Christ. For a Christian to advocate the death penalty is a complete contradiction.

As easy as it is for a preacher to stand up in the pulpit with a Bible and tell thousands of people the death penalty is right, I challenge any preacher in Texas, John Hagee or any others to come visit me and tell me that God wants me to die. Martin Luther King said, 'Capital punishment shows that America is a merciless nation that will not forgive.'

Again, Mr. Nolan, this is only my perspective. I'm just the hobo on the street giving away my pennies. A doctor can't look at a person and see cancer, they have to look beyond the surface. When you look at the Justice system, the Death Penalty, or anything else, it takes one to go beyond the surface. Proper diagnosis is half the cure.

I'm a father. My daughter was six weeks old when I got locked up and now she's 15 in high school. Despite the circumstances, I've tryed to be the best father in the world. But I knew that her course in life is largely determine by what I teach her. It's the same with any young person, their course is determined by what we are teaching them. In the words of Aristotle, 'All improvement in society begins with the education of the young.'

Sincerely,

Ray L. Jasper

Ps: Forgive me for being longwinded, but I was speaking from the heart. Thanks for the opportunity.

A Letter From Ray Jasper, Who Is About to Be Executed
http://gawker.com/a-letter-from-ray-jas ... 1536073598

Letters From Death Row: Ray Jasper, Texas Inmate 999341 (First letter from Ray)
http://gawker.com/letters-from-death-ro ... 1493139671

All who seek to anchor in light must hold to the light and to the understanding that there is always another way other than killing. There is always another way other than violence which breeds more violence. The idea that actions promulgated by darkness will ultimately lead to a light-filled outcome is a false idea.

Post subject: REDEMPTION and the Purification of the USA Prison System
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:27 pm 
A Letter From Ray Jasper, Who Is About to Be Executed
http://gawker.com/a-letter-from-ray-jas ... 1536073598

Letters From Death Row: Ray Jasper, Texas Inmate 999341 (First letter from Ray)
http://gawker.com/letters-from-death-ro ... 1493139671

Dear Readers,

I needed to change some of the facts in my posting above, which I did not know in my introductory post to Ray Jasper's letter. I still feel strongly that his message is important to the dignity of all souls - and most importantly to redemption and the purification of the prison system.

It is not easy any more to know what 'truth' is in any given situation. So, in light of this I made edits to my post - and focused on what I know to be true in my heart - that state sponsored death of prisoners is wrong, as well as the soul negating energies within the 'for profit' prison system and the loss of the value of 'redemption'.

I feel there is this new form of negative energy which I perceive on the internet, which seems to be hardening the boundaries of morality and deciding who receives compassion. I feel this energy says that in order for a message of truth from ones heart to be valid - that the person who carries the message or some part of the message - must be absolutely pure in order for this message to be heard or acknowledged. This energy, I feel corrupts peoples hearts - creates a standard of perfection where ironically, immorality then has full reign.

For your contemplation here is a case in point to what I am speaking of, a Civil rights nominee is voted down for a Civil Rights judicial post for supporting "Civil Rights" of an incarnated prisoner accused of murder during his career.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/0 ... il-rights/

Ever since I read Ray Jasper's letter from death row in Texas, and then read comments from readers on sites which posted the letter - including articles who chose to use of his booking photo instead of a recent photo, my heart has been deeply troubled.

The trouble in my heart stems from the lack of value too many people have regarding REDEMPTION.

I am more troubled when I think that I live in a country that professes it's Christian ethics and morals which are far reaching into laws affecting others rights - and yet, the second most important Teaching of Beloved Christ Jesus is rarely, if ever, called into discussion. The first most important Teaching of Christ Jesus? The only commandment he ever gave us "Love one another as I have loved you." The second most important Teaching has been encompassed in the meaning of his death for many Christian denominations - REDEMPTION.

The Death Penalty and Christ Jesus

In the cold light of judgement by 'facts' - Christ Jesus was crucified as a criminal by the Roman judicial system and received the sentence of the death penalty. Thus, Our Beloved Christ Jesus personally experienced the death penalty. A' fact' that far too many Christians seem to forget when dealing with or speaking of criminals in our 'justice' system - especially those politicians who campaign and publicly profess their Christian values - who then go on to create incredibly punitive laws regarding crime and punishment.

Instead of the embodying the values of Christ Jesus and his Teachings on mercy, compassion, and empathy, in regards to the reform system of imprisonment, we now have reports of torture through isolation practices, loss of basic human rights, loss of religious and spiritual freedoms, FOR PROFIT INCARCERATION PRACTICES, PUNITIVE FOR PROFIT MONITORING OF EX-CONVICTS and the loss of the right to vote even after someone who has been convicted has paid their debt to society.

REDEMPTION

Where has the practice of redemption gone?

As criminal punishment continues to grow as a for profit industry, we shall see less and less space for REDEMPTION. Sadly, this practice will spill out into all of our lives - where any acts of falling on the path of awakening - will deem each of us - myself included, as unworthy to be listened to, or trusted because of mistakes that have been made.

Are we forever in this embodied life to be considered 'sinners' - with more and more new souls continually being 'born into sin?"

If I speak the words "I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior", is that all that is needed for my redemption? What Christian denomination gets to decide if I am redeemable or have been redeemed?

Who am I "to cast the first stone" - when I myself have fallen numerous times on the path home to enlightenment and LOVE?

May God have mercy on all of us.

Forgive them Father, for they know not what we do…"
- The last words of the Beloved One put to death by the death penalty law

EDIT: March 12, 2014

Beloved Julie wrote to me concerning this post, which I edited out the following line from the post.

"since as Christian theology most especially teaches "we are all sinners" and so there is not space for redemptive thinking or values."

Dearest Johanna,

Your post in today's forum contains darkness as well as truth, and does not represent your own higher self knowing. It contains anger and accusation against "Christian theology" and its definition of all as sinners, when this is not true of many Christians, and when you have not clearly defined what a 'sinner' is. Much of what is meant by this concept within Christianity refers to 'The Fall' from innocence which was real. However, this 'Fall' was not an accident or a mistake, but a part of the plan for Creation, part of the choice for freedom. You could hold more forgiveness in your heart for those who do not understand more about this.

"since as Christian theology most especially teaches "we are all sinners" and so there is not space for redemptive thinking or values."

When you accuse a group as you have here, lumping all who practice a religion under one brand of theology, you become like those you are accusing. You are doing the same thing to those souls who are less conscious that you feel that they are doing to others. It is not loving or forgiving. Blessings, dear heart. You must separate yourself from your anger, since without forgiveness you will not be heard.

Julie

I am including this email from Beloved Julie concerning this post. It is important as I have, through writing this post, come to a place withing my heart where I am ready to look at and purify my anger related to religious sects who I judgmentally feel have left the Teachings of Love and engaged in history with power and persecution. In the above post, I found myself after reading Beloved Julie's email, checking my heart and consciousness for the anger she is speaking of - and indeed it is there and in need of healing. You shall even find it in this post.

To read the posting on the Purification of Anger related to Beloved Julie's email/Teaching follow this link: (will be inserted when posting is made).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 am 

We are not alone, separate from each other within our own skin, but joined by a vast network of energy and light that combines the essence of one with the essence of another. This is true of all of Creation which is an organic unity of Life. ~ Julie

LightOmega.org.jpg
LightOmega.org.jpg [ 136.74 KiB | Viewed 5992 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 pm 
NORTHERN NIGERIA TRAGEDY

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/a ... idnappings

Our children are being taken hostage. Our daughters are being kidnapped and sold into slavery or forced to marry their captors. At what level do we find our own heart responding? At what level do we say, this cannot be. This must not be.

We may feel helpless to do anything about this. Individually, we may feel small and helpless. Yet we, as a people, as a government, are not small. We make decisions about where help shall be given and to whom. We make decisions about where to impose sanctions and against whom. We make decisions.

It is true that there are tragedies also in this country. It is true, that here, too, children are mistreated or used as objects. But in this country we are stronger in seeking to end the violence. Our hearts are awakening and we are becoming stronger.

When shall we feel strong enough and connected enough to seek with all our moral might to make a difference in relation to the slaughter of innocents anywhere. When shall we have enough moral focus and enough loss of separation so that we remain humane in all situations. So that we remain in our hearts in all situations.

The tragedy in northern Nigeria that involves the abduction by local school estimates of 230 secondary school girls is but one of many in that land. The violence enacted by an Islamic militant group - Boko Haram - is repetitive. When shall the world cry out as the Earth is crying out, as the mothers and fathers of these daughters are crying out?

May the hearts of those who presently justify violence in the name of religion melt in the light of a new day. May they melt with compassion so that they may return to the humanity that is at their core. May the hearts of all who justify violence be set free from energies of negation so that they may awaken to love and to the recognition that all are God's children.

~from https://facebook.com/LightAmericaSpirit

Post subject: The Loss of Nigeria's Precious Daughters and Children
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 am 

Dearest Meg -

Thank you for posting this article and the Light America Teaching. I have been following the loss (theft) of Nigeria's Daughters and the killing of children in schools. These events are deeply painful to watch in helplessness. Blessings to all who will do something to help and may healing come to the hearts of those who believe they come in the name of their God yet truly, with the pain and suffering they bring, come in the name of darkness.

Blessings to the parents and families of all the children who have suffered in Nigeria.

Thank you again for bringing the article on the suffering of Nigeria's children in the hands of Islamist zealots/militants to the forum and Beloved Julie's Teaching from Light America.

love,
Johanna

Post subject: Nigeria's Daughters - "Sitting for exams when abducted."
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm 

As InI have been working with the earth today, digging and feeding, my heart's meditation has continued on our Daughters of Nigeria were sitting for their exams - physics (?) when they were abducted. These intelligent thoughtful young women have begun a journey of life imprisonment (forced marriage) by those who believe that they come in name of the Most Beloved. How can such a pain be born?

"…when you share this story on social media, use the hashtags #BringBackOurDaughters, #BringBackOurGirls, and #HelpTheGirls. You can contact the UN office of your home country and urge them to act on this important matter. For those in the United States, you can also contact your senators and representatives and ask them to shine a light on this situation.

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/over- ... ded-school

"Boko Haram, the popular name for the Congregation of the People of Tradition for Proselytism and Jihad translates into "Western Education is sacrilege".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram

My heart is weeping with the Mothers and Fathers, families, and friends of these young women - weeping for their precious innocence. How can such a pain be born?

edit: The events in Nigeria first came to I awareness when the Congregation of the People of Tradition for Proselytism and Jihad killed a group of young school boys by burning their school. It is in my heart to say that even if it is claimed to be the agenda of the Congregation of the People of Tradition for Proselytism and Jihad, to enact these violent events in the Most Holy Name of the Beloved - I feel that what we are witnessing as planetary brothers and sisters, are the energies of unpurified fear and hate manifesting through the false teachings of harming another in the name of an ideal that seeks to enslave and rule over others in the false name of the Most Beloved.

How is such a pain to be born?

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next