It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 pm 

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

Post subject: HOLDING the LIGHT for AMERICA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:40 pm 

“Holding the Light for America”
by Julie of Light Omega

Dear Beloved Ones,

We are coming to another July 4th which some of us celebrate as a family outing, and others celebrate in the deep meaning of identifying with America's history, purpose, and founding documents. At this time, there is a great need for each one who cares about the future of America to hold the light of her purpose in the presence of encroaching darkness that is assuming an influence in many areas of public life.

Holding the light does not involve force. It does not involve anger. It does not involve fighting with anyone, for this is not the way of light. Holding the light involves standing for the principles one believes in and holds most deeply within one's heart, principles that are light-filled and that were part of America's founding.
At the same time, holding the light means recognizing where America has departed from the light of her own ideals, and how even today she is doing so in ways that are new and unexpected, influenced by those energies that would thwart her mission of being a land of love and unity.

It is important at this time to not be discouraged by the appearance of greater darkness, for this manifestation is part of America's purification of the same elements that have been part of her history. In order to release these historical threads which caused her to separate from her own ideals, she must become conscious that these threads are present, and she must relocate her own heart so that they no longer influence it.

America does this through each one of us who holds her heart, the heart of her founding and of her Divine purpose, within our own heart. Each one of us has the possibility of remaining faithful to the ideals, generated by love - of equality for all, of freedom and respect for all, of belief in the intrinsic worth of each human being. Each one of us must become a representative of these ideals, not only in the words we use but in the lives we lead.

If we are involved with antagonism toward others including any person or group, if we act in demeaning or contemptuous ways toward any person or group no matter what their professed point of view, we are departing from the ideal of viewing each embodied being as a Divine creation, here to grow and learn as every other.

The purposes of light require standing for something, not against something. They require the outflow of love toward all, not reactivity toward those we disagree with. This does not mean condoning actions that we deem to be harmful, for this is a principle that arises from the moral center of our deepest heart. It does mean understanding that each embodied being is a soul, and that each soul who is here today has chosen to be here during this time of the expansion of light upon the Earth.

On this July 4th, please join us in meditation and prayer at any time of the day that is convenient for you and your loved ones, to pray for the future of America and for her unity in light, and for the manifestation of her Divine purpose. Pray also to not become despairing during this time of increased darkness, for the plan for the Earth is of Divine origin, and that plan which includes the purposes that America shall bring into being, cannot be prevented by the darkness that is now manifesting.

May that which blesses all watch over all, and bring peace to America and to the Earth.

Julie of Light Omega and Those Who Serve the Light

0:
Holding the Light for America by Julie of Light Omega-LOC Update 6-2018.jpg
Holding the Light for America by Julie of Light Omega-LOC Update 6-2018.jpg [ 16.05 KiB | Viewed 11956 times ]

Post subject: Re: HOLDING the LIGHT for AMERICA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am 

America - The Growth of Polarization

"At the time of Senate hearings concerning the nomination of Judge Bret Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
Polarization is a symptom of purification taking place on the national level,creating fear and mistrust
of others with different points of view, rather than belief in their common humanity."

Guruji-Ma
(Julie of Light Omega)

0:
2018  Beloved Guruji-Ma .jpg
2018 Beloved Guruji-Ma .jpg [ 17.66 KiB | Viewed 11885 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:40 pm 

The Healing Power of Grief: A Response to the Death of George Floyd

We have a choice as to how to meet external events that shock us, that confound our understanding, that produce outrage, and that fundamentally can bring us more deeply into ourselves in order to respond. Such is the nature of our varied response to the death of George Floyd, an event that has activated profound emotional responses throughout our country and, indeed, throughout the world.

In the face of man’s inhumanity to man, in the face of violation and even abrogation of human rights such as the right to draw breath, the right to live, we know within our deepest heart that something is wrong. That this should not be happening. We know this and do not understand how it could be happening. The death of George Floyd at the hands of an overpowering and dominating force in the form of a police officer who would not allow his cries to be heard or his heart to be softened stirs the deepest emotions within us, even without our mind understanding.

Domination and violation of others’ rights are not new within the history of our country. They run as companion streams next to the high idealism of liberty and equality that are also part of our nation’s life. Domination of others and exploitation of them for our own purposes has filled the halls of our history in ways that we would rather not see or know, ways that we are now beginning to see and know more deeply and with greater reality than ever before.

We can become enraged and outraged with such injustice. We can demand power and take up weapons to strike back at a society that permits this. We can allow rage and blame to rise up in our hearts for those who act oppressively toward members of our human family, and for those who silently watch injustice after injustice be perpetrated upon people of color: African-Americans, Native Americans, Asians. Yet, if we do this, our violent emotions will lead to a joining with the violence that we are hoping to eradicate. It will continue the saga of domination and power being used against others. We must dig deeper beneath our blame, rage, and outrage, and if we do so, we will find our grief…”

Grief is a healing emotion, and it is softer than rage yet not without a call to action, whether inner or outer. Grief allows us to identify with the suffering of others while at the same time allowing us to transform the pain of life into something else. Grief can move of its own accord not into helplessness or passivity as many fear. It can also move into a desire for outer change in order to spare others the pain that we presently feel. In a word, grief is transformative. It allows us to feel deeply; it allows us to share our pain with others; it allows us to mourn; and it allows us to create, out of our mourning, a path forward that will change external conditions so that we can say, with others: “never again. I want this to happen never again.”

Dr. King understood this principle. He understood how grief can be linked with love whereas violent retribution cannot. It can only be linked with further violence. He understood that grief, if it involved only a feeling of helplessness, was not enough. But grief connected with a burning desire to prevent suffering and to create change, grief in the presence of love could change the world.

In this time of shock, horror, dismay, regret, and anger, I wish to bring to you the knowledge of the power of grief, the power of sorrow-ing with others over an event as tragic as the death of George Floyd. In the presence of our grief, we have the possibility of looking with clear eyes, softened by love, at what needs to happen in order to change our hearts and our society so that these historic tendencies toward domination and exploitation of others are no longer with us. We need to do this as individuals, and we need to do this as a country. We need to allow the healing power of grief to wash through us in order to create a new day. This new day will be built out of a changed motivation within our collective heart so that the way of love for all can become this country’s new ethic, rather than the way of domination that we have learned so well and that now needs to be let go of.

Om namo bhagavate. Om namo namah. May the Supreme One that we are all part of ignite this fire of love and commitment within us."

‘The Healing Power of Grief: A Response to the Death of George Floyd’ by GurujiMa
https://lightomega.org/writing/death-george-floyd-and-healing-power-of-grief

0:
.    11-2019 India..png
. 11-2019 India..png [ 269.77 KiB | Viewed 11008 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:50 pm 

The Death of George Floyd The Roots of Slavery Manifesting Today

“The roots of slavery continue to exist in this country in our consciousness, and in the legacy
of fear and differentness that we attribute to people of color, and particularly to people of a darker color.
So, when we respond to this event, the death of this young person, we are responding to the history
of our relationship, collectively, with a people.”

GurujiMa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:03 am 

‘Living and Dying as a Black Person in America’

“We’re talking, today, about the most recent brutal killing of a black person, and that would be enough to speak just of that. But there have been many others who have been victimized in the same way, who were the recipients of cruelty at the hands of another, often at the hands of the police in this country. And that would be enough, just to talk about that. But my caring goes beyond both of those things, even though it includes them. I ask you to understand that the reason for the title of this talk, “Living and Dying as a Black Person in America” is not about those two things per se. It’s about our history as a people and the discrepancy between what we profess as spiritual and enlightened principles, and what we practice. It is urgent that we understand where we have come from in our consciousness, and what the legacy of slavery has been, and why slavery came into being, as best as we can understand it.”

GurujiMa
(June 3, 2020)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 pm 

'I Am America'
Poem About America’s Heart of Innocence

GurujiMa

I.

I am America.
I am blueberry muffins and eggs-over-easy in silverfoil diners
with blue neon signs and newspapers out front,
Where the regulars come to fill up on warmth and
the everpresent feeling of family,
I am picnic baskets made of straw, and tall grass with milkweed,
worn blankets to sit on, and the smell of new mown hay
drifting past from a farm nearby,

I am playgrounds with rusty swings and ancient maple trees,
and water fountains with bubbly spouts
that little children gleefully reach toward
as they try to catch the moving water with their tongues,
I am fourth-of-July parades, and lawn chairs, and iced tea on the front porch,
and the smell of chicken roasting in the oven,
and friends coming over for coffee and fresh-baked pie and a little talk,
I am polka festivals and Saturday-night dancing
with Hank Tomarr and the Harmonics,
and clean white shirts at Sunday church,
and innocence, not arrogance,
I am rolling hills, and dirty streets, and windswept plains,
and airless apartments in cities that are always lit,
whose elegance lies in ancient fire escapes
that are havens in the summer heat,
I am chlorine-blue city pools, and laughter of children,
and washrooms that smell of disinfectant,
and young mothers with the eyes of eagles watching their young,
I am the suffering of the lonely, of the hungry, of the dreamless
who live without hope, and who hope only to escape
from the dreamlessness,
I am the icons of the fast-food world — hamburgers and cokes,
pizza and buffalo wings, french fries and happy meals,
I am speed of life wanting more and more speed,
striving for more and more doing,
no time to sit, no time to listen, no time,
And I am lazy days of going nowhere, of wondering what it all means,
of waking up, for a moment, beyond the things I do,
into a wondering of who I am.
I am freedom. I am possibility. I am golden opportunity
knocking at the door at every moment,
And I am also the closed and silent door for the many who strive
to hear the sound of opportunity but cannot,
I am prayer and I am gratitude — to that which watches over freedom
and creates endless possibility — to the Source of life itself.
I am America.
I am strong, I am proud, I am weak, I am vain,
I am childlike, I am brash, I am plainspoken, I am noble,
I am wise, I am foolish, I am young, I am ancient,
I am the flame of endless possibility —
the golden promise of an open-ended Life.

II.

I am America
I am aging vinyl curtains that frame the voting booths
in tree-lined towns in Mississipi, Missouri, Delaware and New Jersey,
the curtained booths that contain the seeds of democracy
given new life with every pull to close them,
I am ten thousand newspapers with glaring headlines
and pictures of those involved in the latest scandal
that unbridled power creates,
the latest corruption, the latest unthinking act of indifference,
I am the stories of violence heaped on violence, heaped on violence,
the latest murder, the latest tragic loss of life, the latest act of despair,
I am the victims of anger, of forgetfulness, of spiritual eclipse,
and the perpetrators as well,
I am their expression, and I am their healing,
I am America.
I am the flags waving in front yards or hung in trees
beside worn clapboard houses,
Their red, white, and blue proudly displayed,
even when nothing else of the house stands out with pride,
I am tunes on the radio that come in long drinks —
the twang of strings and guitar singing the seasons of the heart,
the soulful landscape of love and loss,
of hope and betrayal, of life and death,
I am the reflection within all of the poignant and tender search
for grace and redemption,
the goal of the promised land, the land of ease, the promise of peace.
I am America.
I am the land of plenty,
I am pancakes in the morning with syrup running across warm plates,
and raspberries in winter,
and oranges and apples shipped from around the world,
and big cars, and closets full of clothing,
and stores bulging with more than anyone has a right to desire,
I am also the land of poverty,
where children go hungry amidst the plenty,
where the silent cry of despair hovers over families
that cannot make ends meet,
who suffer even more to see all that others throw away,
I am one nation but live as two, with part of me invisible to the rest,
obscured by a shroud of denial —
the denial of a heart that fears to lose what it has gained
so that others may have,
I am America.
I am rich, I am poor. I am noble, I am callous.
I am inspired, I am numb. I am generous, I am selfish.
I am, in the end, growing, as a child grows, as a tree grows,
as the world grows, out of what has been into what will be,
Becoming the light and form of my destiny.

(Dec. 1st 2005)

0:
.               2020  mesa arch usa- sunrise- Omer Salom CC 4.0 license..JPG
. 2020 mesa arch usa- sunrise- Omer Salom CC 4.0 license..JPG [ 46.58 KiB | Viewed 10837 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:02 pm 

‘There is Another Way’

“We have lost trust in the power of love. We have lost faith with it. And out of the loss of that faith and trust
we have come to develop strategies of defending ourselves as individuals and as a country.
As individuals, we call that ‘ego defenses.’
As a country, we call our strategies “national self-interest” or “peace through power.”
Ego-defenses and “peace through power” – two levels of the same thing.”

GurujiMa
(6-28-2020)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:35 am 

Dear Friends, we are honored to announce there is an important new book on Amazon entitled,
‘There is Another Way: Unity in a Time of Dissension’ by GurujiMa. A little about the book:

'There is Another Way: Unity in a Time of Dissension’

“A selection of talks by GurujiMa on the subject of love and unity and its means of realization on the Earth today. Part One presents an overview of concepts related to the longing for peace, harmony, and connection that is natural to each human being, and to the obstacles that prevent these from being realized. Part Two is based on a series of talks offered during the spring of 2020 that came into being as a response to the dual events of the coronavirus pandemic and the national movement of protest in support of “black lives matter.” Both events are viewed as catalysts for change, moving human consciousness toward a deeper experience of unity and away from past paradigms of separation.

“There is Another Way” was written to cast a ray of hope during a time of great difficulty for the United States of America, a hope that is based on the expansion of spiritual light on the Earth, making possible that which had not been possible before. It describes the path of emergence of love and unity from the human to the Divine, and from the ego to the soul, pointing out the way forward that each one present on the Earth today can follow and contribute to.”

Please visit the Amazon link below and read a couple of pages.
https://www.amazon.com/There-Another-Way-Unity-Dissension/dp/B08GFRZDJ3

0:
.               There is Another Way Unity in a Time of Dissension by GurujiMa 8-2020..JPG
. There is Another Way Unity in a Time of Dissension by GurujiMa 8-2020..JPG [ 21.66 KiB | Viewed 9826 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 pm 

‘A Darkened America’
GurujiMa

“…The answer to reducing pain, to protecting loved ones, to preserving freedom — in a word, to enduring — can never come through acts of darkness, cruelty, brutality, or sadism. Pain cannot be reduced, nor love protected, nor freedom preserved, by doing what is clearly wrong, even if such action momentarily soothes the heart. Murder cannot beget peace. Torture cannot beget truth. Revenge cannot beget an end to pain. And hatred cannot beget an end to suffering, but brings new suffering of its own.

In the times ahead, many will have their hearts tested to see if it is possible to hold fast to the light in the presence of darkness. The light will hold, but only if it is recognized that there is always another way to act and to be, other than through willing corruption of the heart’s truth and the soul’s conscience. Such corruption may justify itself as being reasonable, practical, and effective. It may broadcast its message in order to create false hope through a course of action that diminishes helplessness. This is the deceptive power of darkness — to hide itself in the clothing of convincing language, claiming to bring peace and an end to pain, but in reality bringing far more suffering than was present to begin with. The deception is effective, unless one possesses great clarity of heart, for in this case the heart is more important than the mind and can hold fast to truth, even while the mind may be in doubt. The heart can know things that the mind may not, for the truth it knows is of God and of the deepest moral center that is carried within each human being. It is to this center we each must turn in the presence of deceptive words…”

An excerpt from, ‘A Darkened America’ by GurujiMa.
Continue reading: https://lightomega.org/writing/darkness-in-america-suffering-holding-to-the-light

0:
.                 A Darkened America- GurujiMa- lightomega.org-writing-darkness-in-america-suffering-holding-to-the-light..JPG
. A Darkened America- GurujiMa- lightomega.org-writing-darkness-in-america-suffering-holding-to-the-light..JPG [ 25.38 KiB | Viewed 9745 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 am 

Dear Friends, we are honored to announce there is an important new book on Amazon entitled,
‘There is Another Way: Unity in a Time of Dissension’ by GurujiMa. A little about the book:

'There is Another Way: Unity in a Time of Dissension’

“A selection of talks by GurujiMa on the subject of love and unity and its means of realization on the Earth today. Part One presents an overview of concepts related to the longing for peace, harmony, and connection that is natural to each human being, and to the obstacles that prevent these from being realized. Part Two is based on a series of talks offered during the spring of 2020 that came into being as a response to the dual events of the coronavirus pandemic and the national movement of protest in support of “black lives matter.” Both events are viewed as catalysts for change, moving human consciousness toward a deeper experience of unity and away from past paradigms of separation.

“There is Another Way” was written to cast a ray of hope during a time of great difficulty for the United States of America, a hope that is based on the expansion of spiritual light on the Earth, making possible that which had not been possible before. It describes the path of emergence of love and unity from the human to the Divine, and from the ego to the soul, pointing out the way forward that each one present on the Earth today can follow and contribute to.”

Please visit the Amazon link below and read a couple of pages.
https://www.amazon.com/There-Another-Way-Unity-Dissension/dp/B08GFRZDJ3

0:
.               There is Another Way Unity in a Time of Dissension by GurujiMa 8-2020..JPG
. There is Another Way Unity in a Time of Dissension by GurujiMa 8-2020..JPG [ 21.66 KiB | Viewed 9422 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 am 

‘Prayer for the Upliftment of a People’
GurujiMa

Now, in this time of turbulence and division within America, may those forces that seek love and unity gain strength and assurance that no matter what obstacles or opposition may be encountered, the future of this nation is assured.

This future is meant to bring in the consciousness of Oneness based in Divine truth, and it has already begun.

We pray that those who presently seek other goals or give credence to forces that would seek to divide this nation be brought lovingly to the place of truth within their own hearts where the understanding of Unity dwells, and where respect for the sacredness of all of life is a principle of the soul.

May this soul-wisdom come forth now, so that all may receive the Divine embrace that seeks to become part of the life of all, dismissing none as outside the realm of Divine blessing, but holding the importance of each living being to the wellbeing of the whole.

Let none think that they are unimportant to this endeavor.

Let all illusion about not mattering vanish.

Let none believe that any future but the future envisioned by God is possible, for only God is real and all is held within that reality forever.

May the knowledge of this assurance become enkindled within every heart so that where there is fear it is replaced by safety, and where there is doubt it is replaced by the knowledge of being loved.

May the life of each inhabitant of the Earth be respected in the fullness of recognition that each is a Divine child of the One, each is worthy, each is equal, each must be given the right to define their own existence in full freedom and in the joy of self discovery.

May each inhabitant of this nation and of the Earth know that they are here on Earth to fulfill a holy purpose, one which benefits their own learning and at the same benefits the life of the world.

May it come to pass that respect for each individual life replaces all that presently exists that denies the value of life, and may reverence for the One that is All, that has created all, and that lives within all be felt as the primary reality which governs and upholds the hearts of each one from now forward.

We pray this for all beings, no matter what their orientation or spiritual beliefs.

We pray this for the Earth herself, that out of the knowledge of Oneness may come a reverence for her sacred Body, empowered by the deep understanding that the Earth is the One Body that contains all individual bodies, and that in loving the Earth we love ourselves and do good for the life of the inhabitants of the Earth.

May the blessings of sacred life come to the consciousness of America's people, so that the motto that has for so long been emblematic of the Divine purpose of this nation may be realized in full, with benefit to all -

"E pluribus Unum - Out of many, One." May this be realized now for all beings. Amen.

‘Prayer for the Upliftment of a People’ from ‘Prayers for America’ by GurujiMa:
http://prayersamerica.org/Prayer-for-the-Upliftment-of-a-People.html

0:
Beloved GurujiMa-LOC-Village of Light..jpg
Beloved GurujiMa-LOC-Village of Light..jpg [ 33.17 KiB | Viewed 9345 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:23 pm 

“Becoming Fluid: Living with the Unknown”
GurujiMa

“We are going through a time together when life is presenting us with a great deal of uncertainty. Our collective life is doing that. We’re in a new time, with a huge movement happening of change and transformation inside of ourselves and outside. If we want to be conscious, it behooves us, first, to see what this change is, and then how we can move with it.” GurujiMa (October 25, 2020)

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next